Leap Dance and Gymnastics acknowledges the duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and is committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice and UK sport requirements.
The policy recognises that the welfare and interests of children are paramount in all circumstances. It aims to ensure that regardless of age, gender, religion or beliefs, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or socioeconomic background, all children:
- have a positive and enjoyable experience of sport at Leap Dance and Gymnastics in a safe and child centred environment
- are protected from abuse whilst participating in Dance and Gymnastics or outside of the activity.
Leap Dance and Gymnastics acknowledges that some children, including disabled children and young people or those from ethnic minority communities, can be particularly vulnerable to abuse and we accept the responsibility to take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure their welfare.
As part of our safeguarding policy Leap Dance and Gymnastics will promote and prioritise the safety and wellbeing of children and young people
- ensure everyone understands their roles and responsibilities in respect of safeguarding and is provided with appropriate learning opportunities to recognise, identify and respond to signs of abuse, neglect and other safeguarding concerns relating to children and young people
- ensure appropriate action is taken in the event of incidents/concerns of abuse and support provided to the individual/s who raise or disclose the concern
- ensure that confidential, detailed and accurate records of all safeguarding concerns are maintained and securely stored
- prevent the employment/deployment of unsuitable individuals
- ensure robust safeguarding arrangements and procedures are in operation.
The policy and procedures will be widely promoted and are mandatory for everyone involved in Leap Dance and Gymnastics. Failure to comply with the policy and procedures will be addressed without delay and may ultimately result in dismissal/exclusion from the organisation.
The policy will be reviewed a year after development and then every three years, or in the following circumstances: changes in legislation and/or government guidance
- as required by the Local Safeguarding Children Board, UK Sport and/or Home Country Sports Councils and British Gymnastics
- as a result of any other significant change or event.
Children’s Social Care: Tel: MASH: 0151 934 3391 (Consultation with Social Care Manager) Tel: General Enquiries: 0845 140 0845 Tel: MASH contact officers: 0151 934 3801/2533/4200/3596 Tel: Out of Hours Emergency Duty Team: 0151 920 8234 Tel: Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) for Allegations: Pauline Trubshaw: Tel: 0151 934 3783
Leap Dance and Gymnastics Safeguarding and welfare officer- Linsey Burton- Contact 07472214634